Friday, September 11, 2009

Devastated Yet Again

Today I called the funeral home to find out just what has been going on with Calvin's grave marker. I had been told that the delivery date was scheduled for August 17th and that it should be installed in the next couple of weeks following. As of yesterday it was still not there and we have waited almost four months since ordering it. Our funeral director made some calls and found that Calvin's marker was at the cemetery but not yet installed and could not give me a reason why. Twenty minutes later, the secretary called to let me know that they had installed it after speaking with Rick and that it was now there. Lorelei and I anxiously waited for Shane to get home to watch Georgia and she and I planned to go have a look at it and then go for an ice cream cone after supper. After we ate, I put Lorelei in the van and ran down to the cemetery hoping beyond hope that Calvin's marker was installed. I could see it as we pulled up. Excitedly I jumped out of the van and walked over to Calvin's grave and within seconds was devastated. We spent $2000.00 and waited four months and his name is spelled wrong. I could just cry.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, no :( Oh, no. Margaret, this totally is so unfair. Why wouldn't they think? Why wouldn't they check?
    I don't know if I would cry, or call this company and let off my steam on them....I just am so sorry for this. The small things that we have shouldn't be delayed and then just, plain wrong.
    Thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry for you; how can people be so careless? I hope they will do everything in their power to make this right and you have your sweet Calvin's marker in very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been so hard. I am sure you are completely tired of them by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. Oh no. Oh Margaret. I am so terribly sorry. It is so unfair. How could they mispell his name? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. No!!! If I were you, I would be crying. I can imagine how emotionally exhausting and now devastating this is for you.

    It is not too much to ask that his stone be completed and installed quickly, and for his name to be spelled correctly. Do these people not understand that this is not just some stone for somebody, this is Calvin's stone and Calvin is your baby, and this is very, very, very important!

    I'm so sorry. I hope they fix this for you quickly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! That is horrible!!! I can't even imagine what kind of people could be so careless!!! I'm so sorry!!! I would be outraged, angry, upset, and deeply saddened all at once. :( I hope they fix it ASAP and do not make you wait again. *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have got to be kidding me right?! I am sorry that people are so inept. Hoping for a speedy correction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have to fix it. They just HAVE to.

    ReplyDelete