Thursday, May 14, 2009

Timeless

We ordered Calvin's marker today. Originally, I wanted to go with granite, I thought it looked nicer than bronze but after much discussion with the funeral director, we chose the bronze. Apparently granite only has a life-span of about fifty years after which it will then have to be replaced. I'll be eighty-eight in fifty years if I live that long and I don't want the responsibility of replacing Calvin's marker to fall on the girls. So, bronze it is. We were told that in two hundred years, it will still be legible like the day it was cast and the cost difference wasn't too much more. I'm so relieved. It's been weighing on my mind so much lately, the stress of not having a marker, what to put on it, how to tell the world how much our son was loved. Now it's taken care of and I feel an overwhelming sense of relief and peace with what we have chosen. Once the marker is laid, I will upload a picture onto my blog.

Other than that, the girls have colds and poor Georgia was up every twenty minutes or so last night until four this morning. We haven't had a night like that since she was a newborn. Could it be that a tooth is coming in? We'll have to wait and see. All I know is that I got very little sleep last night and today I have a roaring headache. As a result, this is all I'm going to post for now. Hugs to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment